Monday, May 14, 2012

Challenge 3

The folks at Color Me Scrappy posted their latest challenge two weeks ago and here I am, at the last minute, hurrying to add my page before the buzzer goes off!

The colors this time reminded me a lot of Monet, especially his water lilies. Several years ago I was fortunate enough to get a chance to look at his collection when it was in town at a local art museum. Definitely one of the highlights of that particular year for me.

Anyway, here are the colors:

When I first saw this, my immediate thoughts were soft, warm, and inviting.

I did enjoy working with these particular colors, though green is not something I would normally scrap in. Unless, of course, I was doing some sort of outdoor themed page. 

Lots of fun, creative ideas popped into my head this time, but I wanted to focus on utilizing layers and shapes. Overall, I think this was one of my better pages. I think the antique looking Western family picture goes well with the colors. 

Hope you enjoy this current layout. I had a lot of fun making it!


(Please pardon how the left edge has been cut off, the scanner at Archiver's is just under 12inches!)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!Thanks for playing with us at Color Me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the yoyo flowers.
    Thank you for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute yoyo flowers! Thanks for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice layout! I like the border strips along the bottom ... thanks for playing with us at Color Me Scrappy

    ReplyDelete