Friday, May 18, 2012

Challenge 4 by Color Me Scrappy

Its the time again. Time to post a new scrapbook layout of my own creation using colors inspired by Color Me Scrappy. This is their 4th challenge and also my 4th entry. I guess you could say I'm really enjoying toying around with their color schemes and finding pictures that fit with them.

This particular color palette was inspired by a beautiful bowl of cherries:


Looks good enough to eat, huh? Well, as soon as I saw this one I was super excited and inspired at the same time. This was a perfect color scheme for some pictures I had captured the other day while picking strawberries with my friend, Grace, and her son, Jonah. It was also one of the first times I really played around with my new DSLR camera. I was very, very pleased with the results.

Anyway, here is my entry:


The layout was inspired by one I had seen several weeks before hanging around Archiver's for inspiration. Sometimes I'll just walk around the store and snap pictures of their display layouts so that I can use them later for my own albums. I feel very fortunate that there is an Archiver's so close to me; especially since Grace and I can make a day of scrapbooking at least once a week. If you've never heard of or been to an Archiver's store, you are missing out! Check out there website: Archiver's and tell me that your heart doesn't get super excited about a store devoted to noting but scrapping, stamping, and card making!? They even have a workroom that is free and open to the public, unless they are running a workshop or there is an extended crop session going on.

Thanks for dropping by! Enjoy my latest entry.


8 comments:

  1. so jealous there are no archives where i live, love the layout and the ladybug paper is too cute. thanks for playing along with CMS too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful!Thanks for playing with us at CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are precious and the layout is perfect!
    Thank you for playing along with Color Me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo cute.. Love your take on the color palette!! Thanks for joining us at Color Me Scrappy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Thanks for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice - your pictures turned out very beautiful, crisp and bright. Thanks for playing along with Color Me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the recipe tucked behing the picture. Thanks for joining the fun at Color Me Scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job, love the banner at the top, thanks for playing with CMS

    ReplyDelete