Thursday, June 21, 2012

Challenge 6

So glad I didn't wait until the last minute to post this particular entry for Color Me Scrappy. My friend Grace over at The Scrapbook Bitch reminded me I needed to work on this challenge today while we were at Archivers.

My first thought when I saw this week's color palette was that basically that I didn't think I'd be able to find a picture to go with these particular colors. They were all just so bold that it was almost a little intimidating. Scrapping for me has always been about finding a unique way to display a picture or several pictures. I felt that these particular colors were just too overwhelming for my style. Don't get me wrong, these colors are beautiful! Just a little more intense than I usually work with.


But I plunged in head first and just started playing around with the colors. I made it work for me! I did work with a sketch that I had found in my Scrapbook Etc... magazine, though I did modify it slightly. Working with a sketch this time made it easier for me to concentrate on the colors rather than the layout. I'm very happy with my results today. I hope you enjoy it too!


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute lo!thanks for joing us at CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, love your banners on the twine. Thanks for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your page every challenge! Great banner up the side and I love seeing flowers on boy pages! Thanks for playing with us at Color Me Scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you use flowers on a boy page with ease! Thanks for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the banner, great page! Thank you for playing with CMS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page!
    Thank you for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete