Saturday, July 14, 2012

Color Me Scrappy Time

Here's my last minute submission for the Color Me Scrappy Challenge #7!

My husband and I were out of town most of the week of July 4th to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary, as well as our 16th year together. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at taking pictures when its just the two of us, so no photos to scrap! While down at the beach we were visiting with his boss, who owns a house there, when my friend  Grace sent me an excited text to let me know I was the random winner for Color Me Scrappy last month. What a great surprise!!! I sent off an email that night from my phone (Yippee for technology!) and received my awesome mystery bag a couple of days after returning home. I'll do my best to post a picture of it soon. It contained a huge pack of paper and lots of stickers, bling, letters and a plethora of other goodies that I cannot wait to put to good use!

Now, on to the current challenge. The first challenge of the month was inspired by this color palette:


Holy rainbow of sugary goodness batman! So bold! So bright! So colorful! Love it! Not my typical color combination style, but I was psyched to get started. One of the things I love about doing these online challenges is that they really do force you out of your comfort zone. I've noticed my own personal color palette has increased quite a bit over the past few months. I'm no longer afraid of using bright colors! And just to prove my point, here is my page:


That's a picture of Grace and I taken a little over 4 years ago at her baby shower. 

I found the sketch in a book I recently purchased at Archivers. The name of it escapes me, but I'll post the title of it later. As usual, I modified the sketch to fit my style. I don't like to straight out copy a sketch so I usually try to add my own personality to it. 

Now I'm off to participate in the 2nd day of a 2-day Lazy Day Crop that some of the local Creative Memories Consultants organized. I had a blast working on pages yesterday and hope to get about 10 pages (or 5-2 page layouts) complete before heading home later tonight. 

Happy Saturday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. wtg stepping out of your comfort zone! I love the yellow background and row of circles! A great looking layout and take on the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on last months win!! Great layout with this color palette. Thanks for playing along with cms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Love that bling.
    Thank you for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the blingy swirly next to your title, my eye was immediately drawn to it! thanks for playing along over at CMS!

    ReplyDelete