Friday, February 22, 2013

Shippo's Art Auction

Hi guys! Its been a while since I posted here and since I am donating a scrapbook to help raise money for Shippo, I thought I'd post some more of my work on here for the bidders to look at. Some of the pages were completed for online challenges others were completed for fun and a few for personal use. I hope you enjoy looking at my work! Happy bidding!


One of the great things about scrapbooking is that there are many, many combinations and layouts you can do. Sometimes I come up with my own ideas and sometimes I "scraplift" from other layouts I've come across in my scrapping adventures. I believe this particular page was inspired by the large die-cut in the upper right hand corner:


This one was inspired by a Color Me Scrappy competition while the layout was a modification of one I had found online.


I really enjoy using quotes to bring out the message behind the page.



I wanted this page to be simple and allow the photo to be the main focal point.


I remember when I put this one together I had recently become fascinated with banners. I think they're whimsical enough to add a bit of a nostalgic feeling to the page.


Who doesn't enjoy a fresh from the farm picked strawberry? I added a recipe for strawberry shortcake behind the photo to pull it all together.


Sometimes simple layouts are the most powerful.

Pop! Pop! Pop! This page really made me stretch beyond my comfort zone with all the bold colors. But in the end, I think they all worked rather well together.


More inspirational quotes. I don't normally use pink on a boy-related page, but the pink really made all the other blues pop.


This was one of the first online competition pieces I completed. We had also just gotten a cricut and I had spent most of the day playing with it to make the fun pink & blue curly accents.


This particular layout was completed as a submission to become a member of a Design Team panel for one of the competition sites I submitted pages too. The layout and the colors were predetermined, although you could modify it to fit your photos and style. I wasn't chosen as a new design team member, but I did have a blast putting this one together.


Okay, so this particular page was 1 of 3 I had entered into the NC State Fair Scrapbooking competition. This one earned me 1st place in the wedding layout portion, and, to be honest, its one I'm most proud of!


This final layout was also for an online challenge. They provided you with a list of options to use to make the page as well as a very simple layout to go by. I chose to incorporate the tape, the fall colors, and the word "thankful" in my journal box.


Thank you all for taking the time to look at this page, especially if you are coming from Shippo's Art Auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment